February 17, 2011

Laundry Room / Basement in a Craftsman Home


I just got my dream lens, which has a wider angle and allows me to photograph smaller spaces.  I obviously still have a ways to go when it comes to photography, but already this lens has made an amazing difference in the quality of my interior shots!


The lens allows me to showcase projects like this incredible basement remodel.  What started as a typical drab unfinished basement has turned into a warm, welcoming, and organized space for laundry, storage, exercise, and more!


I worked with Drew & Michael from Re-Vive Group  to design the laundry / mudroom area, as well as the custom columns that greet you as you come down the stairs.  The columns also separate the exercise room from the rest of the space.


The cabinetry really makes this space shine.  We used a new Mesquite finish on Maple from Hallmark Cabinets, which tied in perfectly with the rest of the beautiful woodwork throughout the home.  Mark Erickson, my colleague from Arendal Kitchen Design did an amazing job installing the cabinetry.  In projects such as this, good craftsmanship is key.  And the guys from Re-Vive did a great job tying everything together.


Basements can be very challenging due to low ceilings, uneven floors, and plumbing / mechanical elements that must be worked around.  But if done right, they can be transformed into wonderful living spaces like this one!

7 comments:

  1. Very Nice. I like it a lot...
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how warm the space feels. It doesn't give the impression of a basement laundry room at all. Well done! I especially like the detailing of the toe kick below the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this space is amazing Nicole!
    That is awesome that you got a new lens~ I think we still have a city photography date awaiting us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spacious laundry, so much space. You can work there well.

    Arrielle P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your so cool post,it is useful,i love it very much.please share with us more good articles.
    home remodeling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super-Duper site! I am Loving it!! Will come back again, Im taking your feed also, Thanks. craftsman pressure washer – pressurewasherguides.com

    ReplyDelete