January 31, 2011

Park City Condo Project: Before & After

Take a look inside the condo remodel that is nearly completed!  
Before & After photos say it best, so here you go:

Main view from foyer - BEFORE

Main view from foyer - AFTER
Simply removing that kitchen wall made the condo feel 10x bigger.

Fireplace - BEFORE

Fireplace - AFTER
We resized the fireplace so the firebox was centered in the surround.  It looks much bigger even though the firebox is in the same location (raising the firebox was easy, but moving it left or right would have been much more expensive), and is now more centered on the sitting area (furniture is still in the works).

Kitchen - BEFORE

Kitchen - AFTER

View into Foyer - BEFORE

View into Foyer - AFTER


Master Bathroom - BEFORE

Master Bathroom - AFTER
We reconfigured these walls a bit so the vanity would be part of the bathroom rather than the bedroom, and the closet is now bigger.  We also got rid of all the funky angles here for a much cleaner look.

Guest Bath - BEFORE

Guest Bath - AFTER

There are still a few items to finish, including furniture and accessories.  I hope to show more photos of the furnished space (including bedrooms) once that is all completed.

This has been a really great project to be a part of.  My client loves color and appreciates natural materials and textures, so I've had the opportunity to be a little more bold than usual here.  The contractor, Bruce Anderson, from Blue Willow Builders, has done a wonderful job and has a great team of guys that are fun to work with.   I wouldn't hesitate to send anyone to Bruce for remodel or new construction projects.  All the beautiful cabinetry, doors, trim, and fireplace mantle, were designed and built by Chris Peterson at Riverwoods Mill.  Chris has a great eye for detail and it has been a pleasure working with him on design specifics.  Other key players are Cora from Ferguson, Kathleen at European Marble, Terry from Foremost Interiors, Jayson from Kupferschmidt Electric, Tony from Workman Floors, Keene from Mountainland, the staff at Light Spot Modern Design, and many others.  Having a good team makes all the difference in the world!






22 comments:

  1. WOW what a fabulous transformation. I love the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing Nicole! I love the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a job well done, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with that fireplace. Really. I wish ours was like that :) Great job Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. Every "after" is so much better than the "before". We'll hire you when we find our next spot (this week Palm Springs).

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! I am speechless~ What a wonderful transformation Nicole!!
    It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know which I like more: the newly configured fireplace, kitchen or bathroom.
    I LOVE the lights over the bar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I win the lottery, you will be my personal designer! Love it!
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is georgeous! I especially love the faucets in the bathroom!! :) You do Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, better that the old one. Really like it.

    Deirdre G

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool! your condo looks more better than before. I like the changes. I hope I can also do that in my condo. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

    -pia-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful transformation. I hope my house would be that pretty too after the renovation.

    condo Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fireplace and kitchen redo. Impressive! What was it like to raise the firebox? Did you have to buy a new one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie, We did buy a new firebox, but I don't know that we had to. In this case, the old one was nasty and needed to be replaced. Raising the firebox was actually pretty easy on this project, but that's not always true. Each project will be different - in this case there was plenty of room with the way the way the existing chimney was built, so we didn't have to do any reworking of the exterior and/or chimney to raise it.

      Delete
  14. ! Just wanted to respond. I thoroughly loved your post. Keep up the great work=
    park city condo

    ReplyDelete
  15. muskoka cottage rentals
    It’s really great post. I would like to appreciate your work and would like to tell to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The park copy condo project before and after is excellent. The post has given useful information

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ gửi hàng đi Úc, mua hộ vòng tay pandora úc ship về Việt Nam uy tín và dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi campuchia uy tín và kinh nghiệm cách order taobao về VN giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete