October 13, 2011

Lighting: The Finishing Touch

I visited a job site this morning.  This is my first visit since the light fixtures were installed earlier this week.  The project looked great before, but now that the fixtures are installed, all I can say is "Wow!  Wow Wow Wow Wow!"

Hudson Valley Lighting, Esopus


The importance of lighting is two-fold.  One element is the light itself (not the fixture, but the light produced by the fixture), which is critical, especially in task-oriented areas such as kitchens and bathrooms.  But the other element is the decorative aspect of the actual fixtures.  Light fixtures can be pieces of art in themselves, and can add the perfect finishing touch to make a project really truly stand out.

LBL Lighting, Bonn

Each of the fixtures shown here was used in my Master Suite remodel project.  I hope to have final photos in a few weeks.  I really can't wait to share it!


Golden Chandelier 8981-3PBRI

In this case, I must say we nailed it in both these elements of lighting design.  Thanks to Cora Stjernholm from elume Distinctive Lighting for her guidance!

This makes me think of an article I recently read in Builder Magazine online, "Design Details:  Lighting", which emphasizes how lighting can be an affordable way to makeover a room, as a new fixture can significantly change the entire atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment