June 4, 2010

Chalkboard Paint


I know, the whole chalkboard paint craze is sorta overdone.  I'm definitely not the first person to paint a wall with chalkboard paint.  But it's so fun, and sometimes fun just has to overrule fashion when it comes to design.


We wanted to add a little character to the wall in our kitchen, next to the laundry closet (which you'll notice still needs doors).  I'm honestly usually not a big fan of accent walls, but in this case, this one vertical black stripe did amazing things to the look of our kitchen.  The already-tall ceilings seem even taller.  I love it.


So I will continue to love this trend of chalkboard paint.  Especially now that it's available in fun new colors from places like Murobond:


1 comment:

  1. I still like it, despite the fact that it is now considered 'past its design prime'. And it really does look great in your kitchen! The colors would be so fun for kids rooms....

    ReplyDelete