April 21, 2010

Nursery Inspiration Photos

Before any of you get all crazy, this post is NOT for my own nursery - it's for my friend Rebecca.  Though after going through all of these photos, I have to confess that I'm excited for the day when I might get to design my own nursery (and fortunately I've still got a LOOOOONG time to think about it)!






from 86'n it














source unknown (sorry!)

source unknown (sorry!)




from hashai



Repeated elements within these photos (and elsewhere) that I LOVE:  yellow cribs, handmade mobiles, cutesy chandeliers.

Have fun with this Rebecca.  I can't wait to see what you end up doing!

4 comments:

  1. I love looking at kids' rooms. If only the toys stayed as beautifully arranged :)

    I love the idea of using mobiles as ornaments. We did that in our nursery after finding some colorful mobiles in a kite store. They hang over the crib instead of the baby mobiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you found some amazing things! We only have the crib left, so these pictures are giving me tons of ideas for the rest of the room. I absolutely LOVE the mobiles too!

    Thank you so much for investing time in this, and you'll be the first to see what I end up doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing nursery's. I too have Charlie Harper hanging in my little girls room. I made her a quilt with his images and it turned out amazing.

    http://theartistshouse.blogspot.com/2010/02/saying-good-bye-to-our-beloved-charley.html

    I also just recently made some wall art that would be beautiful in a baby's room...

    http://theartistshouse.blogspot.com/2010/04/picture-that-tells-thousand-stories.html

    Thanks for your awesome post. I wish I could design baby rooms. Would that be the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, I hadn't seen Monet's nursery before... the quilt (and everything else) looks great!

    Nurseries are fun, huh? I'd love to get more involved in designing other people's nurseries (again, no rush to do my own).

    ReplyDelete